Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Week 1: Establishing Ties

"teachers who are willing to establish ties with students discover new depths of truth each day...” - Tomlinson

As I thought about this I have come to the conclusion that as we really get to know our students; not just their ZPD, classroom habits, and favorite recess game but as we know them more deeply (while still staying within our appropriate boundaries) we'll be able to better know our students. The truths we'll come to know will aid us in teaching to the needs of our class as a whole but also the individual needs of each student.

In my future classrooms I anticipate being able to develop relationships with my students both educationally and as a friend/confident (as needed). As this relationship will need to be developed and fostered on an inividual basis I'm not sure how I'll execute this ideal.

1 comment:

  1. Find an entry point, maybe their ZPD in reading, favorite recess game, and whether they come to school smiling or grumpy. Then move forward from there.

    ReplyDelete